Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Gathering Inspiration

What inspires you?
It's a question I've asked myself lately. My daughter is a source of inspiration for me. It is incredible to watch her learn, explore, & grow. She certainly keeps me on my toes, and there's never a dull moment.
I have never been a girly-girl, and I still am not girly personally, but I do like to dress up my little one. I love to put her in cute outfits with little pretties in her hair. After buying a few headbands & clips, I decided to try making my own. From the start, I was hooked. Making the pretty little things for my daughter & nieces grew into a fun hobby for me. I needed a creative outlet, and crafting was perfect.
As I continued crafting, I found myself inspired a lot by nature. I love gardening (both flowers & vegetables), and I like to replicate the look of flowers with fabric, ribbon, & buttons. Like these daffodils:

Lately, I've been inspired by customers. I have been in a lull with creating. I think its from the heat & being cooped up too long. I was fortunate enough to be asked to design wedding accessories for Heart for Your Home's creator's upcoming nuptials. You can see the wedding accessories here on our Facebook page. I had such a fun time making the bridal items, that it got me back in a creative mood.  Another customer and friend requested a hairbow holder in brown & pink, which I really enjoyed making as well. What I learned is every now & then I need to take on some different projects to keep from having crafter's block.

So, what do you do to keep from getting stuck in a crafting rut?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...