Sunday, September 16, 2012

Featured Shop of the Week: Pretty Socks

One of my obsessions is cute socks. I have more pairs of socks than I know what to do with. Socks of every color & pattern, except white because that is too boring! Now I'm passing the sock-obsession to my daughter, and this week's featured shop, Pretty Socks, is a perfect way for us to indulge.


 Owner Heather Kufleitner started Pretty Socks "4 years ago when my then 3 year old daughter HAD to have a pair to match every shirt she owned. With the help of my grandma, I learned the basic chain stitch and the rest is well, on Facebook! To see the smile and joy on her face as each sock was created is the reason I now have my business and love what I do!! My biggest influence and creator is my daughter as she helps pick colors, buttons and is the Chief Post Office Reminder. An interesting fact about Pretty Socks is that I am able to make these while I work my part time job."


When asked about the challenges of having your own business, Heather said, "The most challenging thing about my business is creating something new and different. Sometimes I feel like there are only so many times you can put certain colors together or make the same sock. It is all about what the customer wants."

Some of Heather's favorites are, "Making socks and cross stitching are my ways to relax when they should really stress me out. You will see a lot of purple which is my favorite color. I am not to tell you my favorite animal as that is December's Sock of the Month. To find that out, you will need to visit my page towards the end of November :)"

Aren't Pretty Socks fun? Do you have a little one that would like a pair? Heather is giving away a pair of one of a kind Halloween socks, "Fraidy Cat" size medium (fits a shoe size 10 1/2-4).

Enter to win using the Rafflecopter widget below. The only mandatory entries are to like both Pretty Socks & Violet's Buds Facebook pages. We've included several other options to earn extra entries, including a few tasks that you can do daily to increase your chances of winning! The winner will be chosen on Saturday, September 22nd at 8pm CDT, and will have 48 hours to contact Pretty Socks to claim the prize.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

Want to have your business featured on Violet's Buds blog? Click here to fill out the application for Featured Shop of the Week. This is a free program aimed to give fellow businesses added exposure, and to introduce our fans to your products!

8 comments:

  1. My daughter has a pair of her socks and they are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the cat socks they are adorable and the pumpkin fall collection...Amy Tolley greeneyesamytolley@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new follower and I wanted to thank you for a chance to win these cute socks. My granddaughter and her friends love their Pretty Socks that I purchased for them for 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ladybug socks that I purchased for my granddaughter. esterling9@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much my granddaughter and her friends love their pretty socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I replied to Pretty socks about me fabulous win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! Congrats on winning! Have you entered our latest giveaway from Beads to Blooms? It ends tomorrow!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...