Sunday, December 2, 2012

Featured Shop of the Week: Lu & Ed

Remember the feature we did on Daft Crafts 2 weeks ago? The creator behind Daft Crafts, Cody, is also the owner of Lu & Ed, our featured shop this week.

 Lu & Ed has been "making monsters fun-ctional since 2009. We offer creative and innovative storage for children in the form of Mon-stors© - they hang from a door knob or hook and need to be fed daily, be it toys, laundry, or, well, anything! If they skip a meal, they tend to get a little testy, so encourage your kids to clean their rooms daily! We also make a variety of fun Monster Stuffies, and smaller Mon-stors © for use in the car or on the go."

Cody adds, "They are a lot of fun and each one has it's own story and personality. The large ones are big enough to hold an entire load of laundry or about seven Build-a-Bear sized stuffed animals, the small ones are good for in the car to hold diapers, wipes, toys, books, DVDs, etc. I also make stuffed monsters and monster totes for kids!"



When asked about the challenges she has as a small business owner, Cody replied "Nothing. I absolutely love every minute of what I do!" And with these cute monster faces to look at, you know she is having a good time.


I asked Cody to describe her favorite things, and she writes "I love all color but my favorite is turquoise. My living room and bedroom are that color. :) My favorite drink is coffee, by a landslide. I am a total coffee addict. My favorite season is fall. :)"

Cody wants Lu & Ed fans to know, "My business is very environmentally friendly. Almost all of the fabrics I use are thrifted or gifted, reducing big box business waste and pollution. I use as much of the yardage as I can, making several monsters from one cut of fabric, and use the small scraps to stuff plush monsters or to make dog beds I donate to animal rescues! I also ship all my products in recycled boxes. :) There is literally hardly any waste that goes from Lu & Ed into land fills."

You can find Lu & Ed items in the following places:
Web: http://luanded.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/monstors
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/lu_and_ed
Blog: http://luanded.blogspot.com/

I encourage you to read the story of how Lu & Ed got started, and how the shop got its name. And then take a look and Lu & Ed's collaboration with Echoland for their Team Lu & Ed merchandise, a series of wristlets. Each wristlet was handmade by Sarah of Echoland, with solid color outer fabric matching Lu & Ed's logo fabric which lines the inside of each wristlet. You can read more about the collaboration on Echoland's blog. Please take a look at all their great products, and tell them Violet's Buds sent you!


Want to have your business featured on Violet's Buds blog? Click here to fill out the application for Featured Shop of the Week. This is a free program aimed to give fellow businesses added exposure, and to introduce our fans to your products!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the great future! I am so honored! Keep doing what you are doing to support the indie movement, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I can help! There are so few options for free or low cost advertising/marketing, so I want to help my friends & fellow crafters as much as I can.

      Delete
  2. What a great post about a great shop owner!!! Thanks for reaching out, as well, Melanie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute!

    Thanks so much for following my blog, I'm following yours back :)

    Laura
    http://casetadepaper.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my Mon-stors! :) I appreciate your kind words!

      Delete
  4. Hey there!! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award!

    Head on over to http://www.parloandlogi.com/ive-been-nominated/ and see what all it entails!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i'm going to share my nomination later tonight :-)

      Delete
  5. Awesome shop! I found your blog through the blog hop!

    I'm your newest follower!

    Phylicia
    http://heartsncraftsboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. She has such a fabulous shop! I own one of her MonStors they are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...