Sunday, December 9, 2012

I've been Nominated!

Thank you to Parlo and Logi for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
leibster 150

"Liebster" is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, or welcome.
The Liebster Award is granted to new, up and coming bloggers with great potential and fewer than 200 followers.
According to the rules of the Liebster Award, I am to answer 11 questions posed at the nominating website, list 11 random facts about myself, choose 11 people to whom I will pass on this honor, and then make up 11 more questions which the new recipients must then in turn answer.
(this reminds me of the MySpace note games from years ago)

11 questions:
1. Where is your favorite place to eat?
 I love sushi, and a few of my favorite local sushi places are Hikari, Kokoro Maki House, and Edokko
2. Why did you start blogging?
 I started blogging as a way to share my favorite shops, tutorials, and to host giveaways.
3. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My daughter is my biggest inspiration. She is the reason I started Violet's Buds, and she keeps me going.
4. What’s your favorite song?
That's tough, I have so many songs that I love, depending on my mood. The 3 that I never get sick of hearing are Magic by Ben Folds Five, Change by Blind Melon, and Man It's So Loud In Here by They Might Be Giants.
5. What was your first ever screenname?
goobers18
6. What’s your favorite alcoholic beverage?
 Pineapple juice & Malibu
7. If you were stranded on a desert island would you rather have electricity and your gadgets, or the actor/singer of your dreams? The actor of my dreams
8. What do you do for a living?
I'm a homemaker and I make hair accessories.
9. If you could change your name, what would you choose?
I've always liked the name Autumn. I'm a hippie at heart.
10. Dinner or dessert?
Both! 
11. What high end/luxury item would you buy if money wasn’t an issue?
I would love to have a brand new car that is either a hybrid or electric.

11 Random things about me:
1. I have volunteered with Pit Bull rescue as a foster home.
2. I played clarinet in the school band from 5th grade through freshman year of high school.
3. I have an addiction to novelty socks, and I do not own a pair of plain white socks.
4. I have a  Bachelor of Science degree in Photography from CMSU (now UCM)
5. My husband & I own and ride 49cc scooters.
6. I have seen Ben Folds in concert 10 times.
7. My favorite movies are Fight Club, Snatch, Labyrinth, The Breakfast Club, and CHASING AMY.
8. I am a couponer.
9. I do not like Disney movies.
10. I am the oldest out of 9 grandchildren on the maternal side of my family.
11. I drive a 5-speed manual transmission Saturn.

11 questions for the nominees:
1. What is your favorite scent?
2. Do you prefer home cooked or take-out meals?
3. What is your favorite blog?
4. What are your hobbies?
5. Chocolate or Vanilla?
6. How many pets do you own?
7. What is your favorite way to relax?
8. What is your favorite holiday?
9. What was your (or your child's) Halloween costume this year?
10. What one indulgent item would you buy if you had unlimited funds?
11. What is your favorite flower?

Blogs I nominated:
Clippie Dips
CPC Creations, Props & Designs
Forever Lovely
The Linden Life
Sarcastic and Straightforward

Here are the rules should you choose to accept the award:
1. Thank your nominator and link back to the nominator’s blog in your post.
2. Answer the 11 questions posted by the nominator.
3. List 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
5. Nominate 11 other fabulous up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers for the Liebster Blog Award.



6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award! You have a lovely blog! New follower:)
    Brittney
    http://beautybybrittney02.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´m German and love the award because it give me an impression of the blogger behind :) Amazing blog. Congrats :) Hope you visit me under the link below and may like my blog about me and male fashion :) XOXO

    www.look-scout.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the Liebster Award. A new follower from the Meet and Greet Blog Hop. I hope that you will follow my blog as well.

    Anne Marie
    moanasuniquedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the nomination! I will try to think of some original answers to all of the questions!! That's really neat that you volunteer with the pit-bull rescue - good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! you have a great blog! visiting you from the etsy giveaways team :)

    Saralyn

    www.studiomaisonblog.us

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...