Sunday, January 27, 2013

Featured Shop of the Week: The Happy Wreath

This week's feature is The Happy Wreath, a vibrant & unique handmade wreath shop. A wreath is a form of greeting. "The first thing a person sees of your home reflects the feeling they'll have when they enter it. A wreath can display happiness, excitement, grief, pain, pleasure, love, joy, energy, and all sorts of other feelings. Adorn your door with a wreath to set the mood for your guests."

Poinsettia wreath
Owner Lauren Whitney began making wreaths to keep herself busy while her husband was deployed to Iraq for a year. She says, "I had some interest from some of the wives on base for custom orders, and just went from there. I started very simple, and just got more elaborate from there. Everything I saw became a potential wreath, and I even went to Home Depot once and saw shiny white rope, bought it, and came up with the white wreath that is now in my Facebook album. Inspiration is everywhere, and my mind can never go too far!!"

Blue & Brown Polka dot wreath

Lauren says, "I've been married since 2005, and just gave birth to my first son, Dashiel Rowan, on November 10th, then turned 29 myself on the 19th of Nov. I am a photographer for a "living," (Lauren Whitney Photography) and do many other crafts, including making Amigurumi dolls (Crochet, Ole'), and painting."


I asked Lauren what challenges she faces as a (multiple!) small business owner. She said, "Getting customers, letting everyone know about your small business, and evidently just bringing in fans. It's easy to share your page with your friends, it's hard to make your friends share your page with their friends... you know?"
Push Pin wreath
Lauren uses a variety of materials for her wreaths, including non-traditional items and designs like the push pin wreath above. The vibrant colors & unique materials make her wreaths eye-catching & fun.
Fabric Scrap Wreath
A few of Lauren's favorite things include the color cerulean, number 19, and most all music "except most rap, and that screaming stuff... that's just NOT music." South Africa was Lauren's favorite place to live.

The Happy Wreath has both ready-to-ship wreaths, and also takes custom orders. Take a look at The Happy Wreath on Facebook & Etsy. You can use code NEWYEAR2013 for 20% off any wreath in her Etsy shop. What is your favorite The Happy Wreath item?


Want to have your business featured on Violet's Buds blog? Click here to fill out the application for Featured Shop of the Week. This is a free program aimed to give fellow businesses added exposure, and to introduce our fans to your products!

7 comments:

  1. Those wreaths are so beautiful and creative! I'm impressed that she works with so many mediums. And that she runs so many businesses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola! Beautiful and unique wreaths! Love them! Stopping by to reciprocate the love and support via the GFC hop! I am your newest reader #117. Thanks for stopping by, look forward to getting to know more about you and yours!

    ~SimplyyMayra of
    PonderWonders @ www.simplyymayra.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am a new follower and love the bold red wreath. It is perfect for Spring and Valentine. I would love for you to follow along.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I'm following your blog now too!

      Delete
  4. I have a valentine wreath on my front door now...I love the welcome feel of wreaths!!
    I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I think the first one is my favorite. Reminds me I need to get a wreath up on my door :) Thanks for stopping by my blog from the Meet and Greet hop.

    I'm following back! Brie @ Breezy Pink Daisies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...