Thursday, August 29, 2013

Aromatherapy Eye Pillow product review

I've recently had the opportunity to try out the Aromatherapy Eye Pillow from Winter Solstice Dreams, a creative aromatherapy company.


I received the Sleepy Head Blend eye pillow in a well wrapped package which included a protective sleeve for the eye pillow, care instructions, & product brochure. I really do appreciate getting care instructions with handmade items!



The pillow is made with a blend of organic rose, peppermint, lavender, and "a dash or two of sandalwood and chamomile essential oils." The scent is powerful! Its nice, natural, & clean without being perfume-y. When I am not using the pillow, I've kept it in my linen closet as a sachet so all my linens smell great too! I love products that will do double duty like that.

For use as an eye pillow, it is very comfortable. It is just the right weight to be soothing without being too heavy. The aromatherapy scent is relaxing. The pillow can be used at room temperature, warm, or cool. I've tried it room temperature and warm, and I prefer the warm pillow for relaxation. All you have to do is put the pillow (with case removed) in the microwave, heat slowly for 20 seconds at a time.

The eye pillow is nice for a nap, or for a little quiet relaxation. I've yet to use it during a migraine when I need lights-out, but I have no doubt that the eye pillow would work well for that. With the pretty cover (available in many choices) the eye pillow would make a lovely gift as well!


You can find Winter Solstice Dreams on their website, blog, Etsy, Facebook, Twitter, & Pinterest. I hope you enjoy their products as much as I do!



Review Disclaimer: I received this product for free in return for my honest opinion. If you have a product you would like reviewed, please contact me at violetsbuds [at] hotmail [dot] com

Etsy Coupons for VioletsBuds at NerdWallet.com

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm popping over from the Favorite Things Blog Hop!! I really love that pillow and might well treat myself to it for an afternoon nap when things with the kids get too much. I'm following you so please follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! If you get one of these pillows, I'd love to know what you think! I'm a new follower of your blog now :-) Have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  2. I have problems with sinus headaches, and use a microwavable wrap, but it is big and heavy. I'll have to look into this one. Thanks for the review.
    debbi
    -yankeeburrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as I like mine!

      Delete
  3. I am going to have to get one of these! Anything that might help with relaxation plus for my migraines would be very beneficial.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...