Thursday, October 17, 2013

Boarded Window Halloween Decoration DIY

GipsonWands is here to share his method for making a spooky boarded-up window decoration for Halloween.

With Halloween quickly approaching I thought I share an easy, spooky, and eco-friendly decoration that you can create out of an old pallet. So here’s a step by step to creating a boarded up window without actually nailing boards over the windows.


The first thing you need to do is get a pallet, the more rough looking the better, and disassemble it.


Then get your handy dandy drill, or power screwdriver, 8 to 10 wood screws long enough to go into two boards but not all the way through the back of the second (this length will vary depending on the manufacturer or the pallet), four eyelets or hooks, and some heavy cording. Plus you’ll need a measuring device of some kind. 

Pick out two or the longest boards you have and lay them parallel to each other, and distanced apart so the outside edge is the same as the inside of the window.


Take the other boards and criss-cross them over the top. Break the ends of the board off to get an air of authenticity. I had a variety of board widths so I mixed them. Once you get the look you want screw them down.

To hang it I used hooks. I already had two hooks above my window that I use for Christmas lights so I added to hooks to the long vertical boards or you could just drill holes through them. I then used clothes line cord to tie it to the height I wanted it.

There you have it it’s just that easy. If you are feeling particularly inventive throw some bloody hand prints up on them, cover the backs with burlap, or put that spider web stuff on them. They are a great addition to any haunted house.

 Here's what it looks like on our haunted home.
Linking up at:
Pursuit of Functional Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...