Friday, December 20, 2013

Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe

For Thanksgiving this year I offered to make a pecan pie, which we hadn't had in years. This was my first ever pecan pie, and I wanted to make it awesome.  I pieced together several recipes to get the taste I was going for, and I came up with this amazing Chocolate Chip Bourbon Pecan pie. It was such a huge hit that I've been asked to make it for Christmas too!


You will need:

1 pie crust (I used a refrigerated crust)
1 1/2 c pecan halves
1/4 c butter, melted
3 eggs
1/2 c granulated sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
3/4 c dark corn syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbs bourbon
3/4c chocolate chips
aluminum foil

Preheat oven to 350*F.  Follow the instructions on your pie crust dough and place in a 9" pie pan. Set aside. With a mixer, beat eggs until frothy, then blend in granulated and brown sugars. Next, stir in melted butter, syrup, vanilla, bourbon & salt until combined. Fold in 1 c pecan halves and 1/2 c chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.


Next, sprinkle the remaining pecan halves and chocolate chips evenly on top of the pie. I let my little one help with this step.


Place the pie pan on a cookie sheet for baking in case of spills. Before placing in the oven, secure foil around the edge of the pie to prevent the crust from burning. Bake at 350*F for 45-55min. You can tell the pie is done when it jiggles only slightly in the center. Place on a rack to cool. The pie can be served warm or cold, and a bit of whipped cream is a nice touch.


The pie is very rich, gooey, and decadent. Exactly the pie you want to celebrate with!

Linking up:
Pursuit of Functional Homehttp://www.nap-timecreations.com


Cant Google Everything
Diana-Rambles


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining us at Time For Mom last week! Hope to see you there today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...