Saturday, December 21, 2013

Coquito by Red

Our friend Zei from Pelhuaz by Red is sharing a tasty drink recipe, just in time for the holidays!


I'm from San Juan, Puerto Rico. We have few Christmas Traditions and one of those is "Coquito". This is a tasty beverage that we mostly prepare on Christmas, much like eggnog. We altered the recipe just a little to make it more interesting. I have my own version that I do at home and share with family and friends in the Eve. I wanted to share it with you, as is very simple to prepare. Hope you enjoy it, as much as I do.

Ingredients:
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk 
1 can Coconut Milk
1 can Evaporated Milk 
1 cup of Baileys Liquor 
          ~ I prefer the coffee flavor but feel free to use your favorite.
1 cup of White Rum  
          ~ I like to use local rum like Bacardi or Don Q. We are known for our great rum distilleries, so we have a wide range of options :)
1/2 Tbs of Cinnamon (ground)
2 sticks of Cinnamon
Materials:
Mixing bowl or a big pitcher
Measuring cup 
Tablespoon
Mixer or a Big Spoon




Directions:
Put all the ingredients inside the pitcher (or mixing bowl) and mix until the ground cinnamon is dissolved. Refrigerate it over night.

Simple, right? You can serve it with a cinnamon stick for extra taste.

Hope you enjoy the "Coquito" as much as I do. I wish you all una Feliz Navidad y un Prospero Año Nuevo - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Cheers!

Pelhuaz by Red has the handmade-everyday-jewelry just for you. Simple & Chic. Small tokens of appreciation for your loved ones, party souvenirs, or custom made accessories for that special occasion. You can find Pelhuaz by Red at Storenvy, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr & Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this sounds so good. It's after Christmas, but I still want to try it.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would make a tasty drink for New Year's Eve too! We're serving up some of our own at our gathering!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...