Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pad Thai recipe

GipsonWands has crafted another tasty recipe to share!



If you are a long time reader then you will know that Violet’sBuds and I like Asian inspired meals. We used to frequent a chain restaurant where I would almost always get the Pad Thai. I love the dish so much I started to wonder if I could make something similar at home. For this recipe I used leftover rotisserie chicken but it isn’t necessary if you prefer a more vegetarian meal.
For this recipe I’m using Japanese Somen noodles but you could use Thai rice noodles, or even angel hair pasta. Just follow the cooking directions on the package. 
 For this recipe you will need:
·         Package Somen noodles
·         Shredded chicken
·         Package frozen peas
·         Package cole slaw mix

Noodle Pad Thai Sauce
·         ½ can coconut milk
·         2 Tbs soy (traditionally it’s fish sauce but I prefer soy)
·         ½ cup brown sugar
·         juice from one lime
·         2 cloves of garlic, minced
·         ½ cup of peanuts, chopped
·         ½ cup peanut butter (if you use crunchy subtract some of the peanuts)
·         ½ tsp Cayenne pepper (or you can substitute chili paste)
·         ¼ tsp Cumin
·         ¼ tsp Cilantro (if you are using fresh reserve till close to the end of preparation)

While the noodles are cooking, in a separate pan mix sauce ingredients and place on medium heat until simmering, stirring periodically. When the sauce simmers, add the cooked chicken. I added frozen peas at this point (optional). Once the noodles are cooked and drained, turn the heat off the sauce and toss in the noodles to coat. Allow to sit for a few minutes so the noodles will soak up some of the sauce.

To plate the dish make a bed with the cole slaw and top with the sauced noodles (at this point you can garnish with the fresh cilantro). I like to add a splash of hot sauce for color and extra heat.


My wife and I love this version of Pad Thai and will be adding it to our repertoire of dinners. I hope you give it a try and love it to.

http://gipsonwands.storenvy.com

GipsonWands is a regular contributor to our blog. He makes handmade wood magic wands, solid wood crochet hooks, bookmarks, art cards and more. Check out his shop on Storenvy.

Linking at:
Pursuit of Functional HomeI party & get pinned at Tasty Tuesdays on Anyonita NibblesThePinJunkie

4 comments:

  1. YUM! I'll definitely be bookmarking this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking up at Tasty Tuesdays! Your post has been pinned to my Recipes from Tasty Tuesday board. I can't wait to see what you link up next week!
    Have a terrific weekend!
    Cathy
    APeekIntoMyParadise.com
    #TastyTuesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning the recipe & for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...