Thursday, June 5, 2014

Just Create June


I completed my first project for Sugar Crumb's #JustCreateJune challenge! Recently I scored a big box of vintage fabric from a garage sale (for only $1!!) and this adorable fruit print fabric was among the pieces.


Since we were in desperate need of new hot pads for the kitchen, I decided to try making my own. I cut 8x8 squares of the fabric plus several layers of batting, and a scrap of thick cotton fabric for inside just to stabilize it a bit more.



Once I had the squares sewn together, I flipped them inside out, stitched around the outer edge, then did some fun random lines across the hot pad.


For my first attempt, I'm very pleased at how they turned out! I can't wait to get started on my next Just Create June project. Will you be joining in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...