Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Meet Violet's Buds

Hi, I'm Melanie, the owner/creator of Violet's Buds. I'm a happily married stay at home mom of a preschooler. My husband, Scott, is the talent maker at GipsonWands. Rather than tell the whole story behind Violet's Buds, which you can read at Daft Crafts, Pelhuaz by Red, Squshies, and Kiser Krafts, I thought I'd share some fun facts about myself.


I ride a scooter
Its been a few years since I was able to ride regularly, but I have a blue Honda Metropolitan scooter. My husband has a Honda Ruckus that he commutes on most of the year. We enjoy attending scooter rallies, and are members of the ScootKC club.


I love science
My favorite subject in school was always Science. I fell in love with photography in high school, and one of the main reasons is that I loved to spend time in the darkroom. The magic that happens between light, photo crystals, and chemicals is captivating.


I'm a photo-a-holic
I received my first camera when I was in elementary school. It was a 110 film camera (remember those tiny cartridges?) and I would save my allowance to buy film and have it developed. By the time I was in college, I had at least 8 photo albums filled with shots of my friends, family and pets. 

I love animals
We currently have 3 dogs, and I've had pets as long as I can remember. I love animals and used to want to be a veterinarian (til I realized blood made me queasy). For a couple years my husband and I volunteered with a local animal rescue group as a foster home. We fostered a total of 8 puppies, and 3 different adult dogs. Once we had 3 puppies at the same time!

I hope you enjoyed these random tidbits!

Follow Violet's Buds on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to learn more about me and my crafty work.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...