Sunday, September 7, 2014

Featured Shop of the Week- Little House of Crafting

Our featured shop this week is one of our maker friends, Little House of Crafting, and owner Toni, who is back to give us an update on her shop. Read the first feature here.


Hello! I'm Toni, the geeky maker behind Little House of Crafting! In February 2013, I began making pinback buttons so a close friend would have company while selling at anime convention Artist Alleys across the Midwest. I later added an 8bit line with the use of perler beads.

Attending conventions was a blast! I knew I needed to do more though. I wanted to make sure that my products were on web worldwide for all to enjoy! After days of pondering a shop name, I finally came upon Little house of Crafting - a nod to the adorable 650 square-foot house in which my husband and I live. In May 2013, I opened my Storenvy shop.

What's new since my last feature in November 2013?

As 2013 drew to a close, I began to struggle with the question of selling fanart for profit. After months of debate, in March 2014, I finally decided to remove copy-written materials from my shop and pursue making my own original designs. This freedom brought forth many new designs. I am so overwhelmed by the positive feedback I've received. I'm thankful for each and every one of my fans!


I have a new logo! Tessa from Krmbal made it for me. She does amazing work!

I also began assisting other makers with promotional materials in providing my button and magnet making services. To date, I have assisted 20 other makers with promotional materials! I've also had the privilege to create name tag pins for a special 5-year-old's birthday party!


I've begun to set aside 5% of my sales to be donated to the Student Loan List to assist students with their student loans after graduation. I have a huge heart for students and am very excited to be able to help ease the debt that so many carry.


Finally, I've added new packaging to my orders. You can now find your accessories shipped to you attached to a Little House of Crafting branded backer made from 100% recycled card stock. I'm so proud to reuse packing materials and make environmentally friendly choices when it comes to packaging and shipping.

What I love best about being an artist and having my own shop is that I can let my creativity shine, assist other shops with promotional material and help those with student loans all at the same time! Can it get any better than that?!

http://littlehousecrafting.storenvy.com/collections/620914-spring-collaboration!

In the spring, I worked with Melli's Yarn Works to create a season themed line of hats with inspirational buttons. You can see them here: http://littlehousecrafting.storenvy.com/collections/620914-spring-collaboration!

My goal is to add a new product line of stickers to my shop. Journalers, pen pals and many more will love them! My favorite item to make is promotional material for other shops. Either buttons or magnets are requested. Sometimes both.

I am obsessed with tea. A friend and I get together every week to try different kinds and marathon TV shows.



Little House of Crafting can be found online at Storenvy, Facebook, TwitterBlog, Instagram, Tumblr, & Pinterest.  Code VBBLOG for 25% through Oct 1st in Storenvy shop. She's offering once recipient a complimentary "Keep Calm and Craft On" pin with shipping to US only.


You can enter by using the Rafflecopter widget below. The only required entries are to like Violet's Buds & Little House of Crafting on Facebook. Due to Facebook's new terms of service, you can no longer earn an entry for liking a Facebook page, however it is nice to visit the shop's Facebook page to check it out!
 
Several optional entries have been added to increase your odds. The celebration starts 9/7/14 and ends at 11:59pm CDT on 9/13/14. The winner will be announced on Sunday and have 48 hours to claim the prize by contacting violetsbuds@hotmail.com. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be chosen. Free shipping to the US only.


a Rafflecopter giveaway


Fine Print:  Participants are providing information to Violet's Buds. Your information will not be sold, but may be shared with the featured shop for the purpose of prize redemption. Violet's Buds is not responsible for any computer or website malfunctions. Incomplete entries will not be accepted. Entrants found cheating, entering under duplicate profiles, or not following the instructions may be banned. By entering the contest you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.  International players may enter but may be responsible for the shipping if they wish to redeem their prize. If you are not willing to pay shipping, do not enter. Prizes do not have cash value. There will be no returns/exchanges on any of the items. Violet's Buds is not responsible for shops who do not follow through with prizes.

4 comments:

  1. Great interview!! And my favorite item from your should would have to be the Keep Calm and Craft On button!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the keep calm and craft on button so much. But I love the custom ones she made for shop best. I loved sharing them with fans/friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your buttons! My favorite is the Luna Lovegood one though ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...