Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Home Decor on a Mission

Rustic Romance Crafts is sharing her mission to improve the lives of others through her handmade products.

I knew when I started my shop in January of 2013, that giving back was going to be something I was going to incorporate into my shop somehow. At the beginning of 2014, I made it my goal to design a product line for just that purpose. I drew inspiration from the amazing handmade communities that I had joined and how encouraging and supportive the members were to little shops like mine. The positivity was so contagious! Sometimes just reading a motivational quote would make me feel empowered. That is how Rustic Reminders came to be.

Rustic Reminders are blocks on a mission. The purpose of these blocks is to spread a little bit of encouragement and uplift your spirits, and also uplift someone else's life as well. Each block has an inspirational word or short phrase in which to "remind" you to keep a positive outlook. They are great to sprinkle around your home, craft room, office or even to give as a gift! The greatest part of these blocks is that 40% of the proceeds go to a different charity each month.


September's charity is The Wounded Warrior Project. This amazing organization provides services for service men and women who incurred a physical or mental illness, injury or wound during their service on or after September 11, 2001. Taking care of our veterans is so important and this organization has been doing so for 10 years. For more information about The Wounded Warrior Project and the programs they provide,  visit http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/


My shop has 11 different styles to chose from including some Fall and Halloween themed blocks. All are one of a kind!


You can find Rustic Romance Crafts on Facebook, Storenvy, Twitter, and Instagram, and shop the Rustic Reminders line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...