Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Indie Craft Sampler Interview

Recently I was interviewed by Indie Craft Sampler for their October features. You can read more about me, and then head to purchase an Indie Craft Sampler box, which may include one of our pretty pins!
A collection of the swag I received in my October sampler!

1. You are a superstar when it comes to social media...do you have any tips for getting so many followers/likes?
Currently I've found Instagram to be the best place to connect with fans. I started using Iconosquare which helps me track my stats, and gives me info on what and when to post. The instructional post on Daft Crafts helped me to get started: http://www.daftcrafts.net/2014/09/using-iconosquare-to-analyze-your.html

2. What is the hardest part of being a crafty small business owner?
The hardest part for me is balancing work and personal life, and scheduling time for everything I need to do. I'm getting better at organizing my time and making to-do lists.

3. Best advice another crafty/indie shop owner has given you? Do you have any advice for others?
The best thing to do is find a positive community to join. A community will build you up, give you resources, and support fellow makers. The best community I've found is Oh My! Handmade Goodness: http://ohmyhandmade.com/


4. How/where do you get ideas for new shop items?
I started by making hair accessories, and wanted to create something different. I now use upcycled and repurposed fabric, buttons, and jewelry to create pieces. The supplies themselves give me new ideas all the time.
Recently, I've become enamored with creating hoop art pieces-- which allow me to keep making but broaden my fan base to people that don't necessarily wear hair accessories.


5. What three items would you take with you on a deserted island?
Since we're talking items (and not family/friends), I'd bring my camera, a tub of craft supplies, and endless supply of chocolate.

6. Is there anything you wished would come back into fashion?
My inner teenager would love for flair jeans, flannels, and combat boots to come back in style.

7. One thing you consider yourself to be very good at/One thing you totally suck at?
I'm very good at cooking and baking, but I totally stink at cleaning up! lol
8. Most played song?
Lately, I've been listening to a lot of They Might Be Giants with my daughter. My favorite is Man Its So Loud in Here.
9. If you could live in another country for 2 years where would you go?
That's tough! I think that if I could only choose one, it would be New Zealand.

10. Favorite TV shows when you were a kid?
I loved The Cosby Show, Saved by the Bell, and Garfield and Friends
11. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
When I was younger, I wanted the name Autumn.


12. Why should people visit your shop?
If you are looking for unique, eco-friendly, one of a kind hair accessories for all ages, or whimsical home decor pieces, you'll want to visit my shop!


What would you like to know about me? Ask your questions below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...